We welcome applications for:
Postdoc computer scientist (full time)
We are seeking exceptionally motivated postdoc computer scientists to strengthen our interdisciplinary retinal image analysis team. You will be leading exciting projects at the interface of engineering and medicine that may incorporate aspects of image segmentation (graph cut and/or deep learning - see this example), registration and other machine learning topics (for instance modelling of a spatiotemporal atlas - compare to this example) on extremely well-curated large-scale longitudinal OCT datasets.
- PhD degree (or soon to be completed) in a relevant discipline (computer science, applied mathematics)
- Strong background in machine learning, computer vision or medical image analysis
- Relevant publication record in the field
PhD student in medical image analysis (full time)
We are seeking outstanding PhD candidates to complement our interdisciplinary, multinational research group. Your highly attractive PhD project will be embedded in the currently exploding field of AI for retinal image analysis. It may include aspects of image segmentation (graph cut and/or deep learning) or other machine learning topics (atlas modelling) on extremely well-curated large-scale longitudinal OCT datasets. The PhD positions are fully funded throughout 3 years after an initial 6-months trial period.
- MSc degree or equivalent in computer science or another relevant discipline
- Preferably background in machine learning or computer vision
- Preferably experience in medical image analysis
The preferred starting date for all positions is Summer 2017.
For information about Vienna as a place of living please note this link.
Please send applications to: sebastian.waldstein (at) meduniwien.ac.at